Password Recovery for PacketShaper
Gepostet von Daniel Riediger, Last modified by Daniel Riediger an 18 April 2011 12:56
If you forget the touch password, you can use the password recovery method to access the unit and then reset the password. To ensure that security is not compromised, this feature works only when you are directly connected to the unit's CONSOLE port.
1. Connect the null-modem cable (included with your unit) from the unit's CONSOLE port to the serial port on your PC or workstation.
2. Open a terminal emulation program (such as HyperTerminal).
3. Verify that you have configured the program with the following values to communicate with the unit's CONSOLE serial port:
9600 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, hardware flow control
If you are using a modem connected to the serial port, the modem must be set to: 9600 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, auto-answer (usually ATS0=1 in the standard Hayes command set), and DTR always on (usually the command AT&D0 or a DIP-switch setting). Check the modem manual for details.
4. Power cycle the Packeteer unit. If your unit doesn't have a power switch, unplug the power cord and then plug it back in.
5. When the terminal emulation program prompts for the password, type touchpwd= within thirty seconds, and press Enter. You will then be prompted for a new password.
6. Enter a new password.